Welcome to San Diego HDTV!

If you like what you see, join our community.

Register Log in

KZSDLD, KZSDLD2, KZSDLD3, KZSDLD4

bigbillsd

I have been seeing these new channels in my guide for a couple months now and am finally asking what the heck they are?

So currently my guide is showing two channels for each of the 10-1, 10-2, 10-3 and 10.4 The usual KGTVDTx and the KZSDLDx for each of them

What the heck are these? Should I contact my guide provider to have them removed or is something going to happen with these?

Thanks, Bill

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
According to Wikipedia, KZSD-LD seems to be a translator for KGTV-DT for areas that have trouble receiving KGTV-DT like RB, and El Cajon.

bigbillsd

Thanks, I see that. I wonder why the use the word translator, sounds more like a repeater. Unless they are actually translating it into Spanish or something. Thanks Again, Bill

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, I see that. I wonder why the use the word translator, sounds more like a repeater. Unless they are actually translating it into Spanish or something. Thanks Again, Bill
It is a common word for repeater. Nothing is translated just that KGTV thought it would be nice to have a station for those who only use UHF or cannot get signals from Soledad.

jay214128

Unfortunately, KGTV is using the same PSIP channel numbers. This results in two 10.1, 10.2, 10.3, and 10.4 channels with the same PSIP identifiers. Causes all kinds of problems with my TV and scanning for mythtv.