Welcome to San Diego HDTV!

If you like what you see, join our community.

Register Log in

No Impact in San Diego?

jay214128

KTLA has moved from channel 31 to channel 35, and is once again receivable. When KCBS moves from 43 to 31 it will be lost :-(

KDOC has a test signal up on their new channel (12).

Last edited:

ke_davis

Since the KNSD channel switch on March 14, 2019, I am not getting EPG (Electronic Program Guide) information for channel 39 on my TiVo, so unless I set up a manual recording by time and channel, I cannot set up any recordings.
I am in North Park with a UHF 2nd-story rooftop antenna connected to my TiVo Roamio OTA.
Yesterday at noon I did a rescan and picked up NBC and COZI at KNSD DT1 & DT2 on channel 39.1 & 39.2 at frequency 17 (previously 40).
I am able to get a picture and sound on both channels, but the EPG for both says "Title Not Available."
I get the correct EPG information for frequency 40 but no picture or sound.
I spoke to someone with an Asian accent at Tivo's Program Guide department, Paul Henry at KNSD engineering, and Leon at KPBS engineering (to warn him about the upcoming problem).
Following their advice, I have multiple times unplugged the TiVo, rebooted it, run initial setup, scanned for channels both with the antenna connected and disconnected, checked and unchecked available channels and favorites, and downloaded new program data. None of it helped.
So now I have to wait for either TiVo or KNSD to resolve this, and hope that it doesn't happen again when KPBS moves to frequency 19 and KSWB switcches to frequency 26.

jay214128

KTLA has moved from channel 31 to channel 35, and is once again receivable. When KCBS moves from 43 to 31 it will be lost :-(

KDOC has a test signal up on their new channel (12).
Unfortunately, KBNT-CD also moved from channel 25 to channel 24, which is co-channel with KPXN. KPXN and KBNT-CD are both no longer receivable due to mutual interference. KVEA also has their test signal up on their new home, channel 25.

ke_davis

The EPG on my TiVo has been restored for KNSD & COZI, more than 48 hours after the frequency change.
Today (Saturday 3/16) at 7 pm I manually downloaded data on my Tivo then reselected channels 39.1 & 39.2 (frequency 17). These are things I have done repeatedly in the last two days.
This time it worked.
I don't know if it happened on its own or was a result of my calls to KNSD & TiVo.
I dread what will happen with KPBS & KSWB in two weeks. I'll be out of town, so hopefully it will be all worked out when I return. In the meantime, I won't be able to set up any recordings on those channels.

jay214128

Unfortunately, KBNT-CD also moved from channel 25 to channel 24, which is co-channel with KPXN. KPXN and KBNT-CD are both no longer receivable due to mutual interference. KVEA also has their test signal up on their new home, channel 25.
Looks like KDOC has completed their move from ch 32 to ch 12. This will provide an alternate Comet TV channel since KBNT-CD is no longer receivable (although the picture quality is much worse on KDOC due to having 10 sub channels).

jay214128

Do we know what time KSWB is moving on March 14? Are they also moving at 12:00pm? When I was in Green Bay Wi last summer, the stations moved around 1:00am.
I see that today (3/20/2019) KSWB has turned on their transmitter on channel 26. They are also still broadcasting on channel 19. Unlike other stations that first put up a test pattern (with a different PSIP channel number), KSWB has their regular PSIP channels on both channel 19 and 26. So if you do a rescan right now, you will get two of each sub channel.

jay214128

I see that today (3/20/2019) KSWB has turned on their transmitter on channel 26. They are also still broadcasting on channel 19. Unlike other stations that first put up a test pattern (with a different PSIP channel number), KSWB has their regular PSIP channels on both channel 19 and 26. So if you do a rescan right now, you will get two of each sub channel.
I see that KSWB and KPBS have completed their channel moves. Now it should be safe to rescan.