Welcome to San Diego HDTV!

If you like what you see, join our community.

Register Log in

Test - Attachment Uploads

Testing a few file uploads, PDF, Excel and jpegs

PDF
[attachment=45]

Excel
[attachment=46]

jpeg test 1
[attachment=47]
[attachment=47]

jpeg test 2
[attachment=48]
[attachment=48]
[hr]
Testing with Chrome
[hr]
Bryan_CoxPHX said:

PDF

Excel

jpeg test 1

jpeg test 2

[hr]
Testing with Chrome

Attachments

Rick Shaw

Bryan_CoxPHX said:

PDF

Excel

jpeg test 1

jpeg test 2

[hr]
Testing with Chrome
[hr]
Bryan_CoxPHX said:

PDF

Excel

jpeg test 1

jpeg test 2

[hr]
Testing with Chrome
All failed as damaged or contained errors using Firefox.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
MyBB is working on v1.6.9, but I do not know if that will fix it. I think it could be a bug in v1.6.8 (current version). The bug tracker mentions some attachment related bugs, which are being worked on. 1.6.9 is just a patch and will not add any new features.

armin3000

I've exactly the same problem and I found you in mybb.com. I subscribed your post to help each other to solve it. please tell me if you solve it.
The problem is with all file types. Files are uploading correctly and are stored in uploads folder but mybb unable to show them and if you download them, they will be corrupted. Some PDF files shows in adobe reader but if you noticed they have been repaired by adobe reader and ask you to save the file. So all file types are corrupted because of this issue.
I'm also using 1.6.8. I've tried to disable plugins from General not one by one disabling them.
[hr]
Which plugins have you installed?
As I remember in last few days I changed the Breadcrumb Bar and Menu bar of my forum but I don't think so that they cause the problem.
Some plugins that I'm a bit suspected:

Google SEO (1.6.3)
My Advertisements (2.0.3)
(MySupport) (0.4.2)
PluginLibrary (9)
SCD Hide From Groups (Free SCD Plugin) (2.5)
Advanced WYSIWYG Editor (1.2.1)
Additional Settings For Profile Fields (1.16) - XThreads is required for this plugin
XThreads v1.53, now taking up less space in your ACP plugins list.

I have other plugins too but they was working before without any problem. Many of above also working before.
[hr]
I couldn't found your threat on mybb.com. would you please send it to me.

armin3000

Do they upload correctly? To test this, attach a zip file and then go to upload folder on your host and download the attached file which is a ".attach" file, then rename it to original extension and open it. if it opens correctly so the uploading process is working fine. Then try to uninstall plugins not only deactivate them.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
armin3000 said:
Do they upload correctly? To test this, attach a zip file and then go to upload folder on your host and download the attached file which is a ".attach" file, then rename it to original extension and open it. if it opens correctly so the uploading process is working fine. Then try to uninstall plugins not only deactivate them.
I downloaded a picture, and it opened correctly.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Attachments are not corrupt on the server side; however, the software seems to be corrupting them. I do not know what is causing this problem. The attachments I tested were cat pictures.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Hopefully by next month, a patch is being released that will fix around 75 bugs. It is done, but needs to be tested.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
1.6.9 does not fix this bug, so I know there is something wrong, and fixing global.php is not helping either.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
I fixed this issue by disabling a plugin. I hope to get that plugin fixed, so I can use it, but the attachments are working (for now).

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
You can now directly drag and drop files into the text editor and they will become attachments.